What is Zilliqa?
Zilliqa is an ERC-20 token developed on ETH blockchain aimed towards the applications requiring high throughput. Zilliqa uses their proprietary "sharding" technology for scaling the blockchain network while the transaction throughput increases linearly with the number of nodes on the network. Zilliqa utilizes the Proof of Work (PoW) to establishing the mining identities. This process is used for network sharding. Presently Zilliqa is a token, however, the developers are working on the platform and have released testnet 2.0, aiming for the mainnet launch in January 2019. After the mainnet launch, ERC-20 tokens will be burnt into "Zillings" which will be analogous to ETH on Ethereum blockchain.
The purpose of this token is to increase the throughput of existing blockchain protocols such as Ethereum. With a network of 10,000 nodes, Zilliqa can surpass the average transactions on Visa and Mastercard with a lower fee. Although many other scaling solutions are available, what makes Zilliqa prominent is that it makes the blockchain protocol itself scaleable. The scalability protocol of Zilliqa is intrinsically integrated into network sharding, consensus protocol, and computational sharding. Some of the major uses for Zilliqa will be in gaming, entertainment, digital advertising, and streaming payment. Zilliqa has shown scaleability in high throughput applications such as automated high volume auctions, decentralized exchanges, and high-performance scientific computing.
Zilliqa was founded by Xinshu Dong who is a Ph.D. scientist for building secure systems. He was a technical lead for various national cybersecurity projects in Singapore. Currently, he is in the development of new public Zilliqa blockchain for high-throughput applications. Apart from X.Dong, the team consists of 6 other members expert in development, security, and research.
Zilliqa News And Market Price Data
- Historical Data
- Bitcoin network settling an average of $95K for every $1 in feesCointelegraph.com News - 12 hours agoBitcoin’s settlement efficiency has been improving which means more value can be sent for lower transaction fees. The Bitcoin network’s value settlement efficiency has been…
- Hedera and Korea's Shinhan Bank partner on KRW stablecoin pilotCointelegraph.com News - 12 hours agoA new proof-of-concept will be tested to send fiat-backed stablecoins between banks to reduce fees and transaction times on international payments. South Korea’s Shinhan Bank…
- Kelly Strategic Management files for Ethereum futures ETFCointelegraph.com News - 14 hours agoFollowing Kelly Strategic Management’s filing for an Ether futures ETF, analysts questioned whether SEC chairman Gary Gensler is “mentally ready” to approve anything other than…
- South Korean lawmakers inch closer to deal to delay crypto tax by one yearCointelegraph.com News - 14 hours agoThe long debate in the country’s legislature could soon be over meaning cryptocurrency gains made in South Korea may not be considered taxable events until…
- Wen moon? Data shows pro traders becoming more bullish on Bitcoin priceCointelegraph.com News - 15 hours agoMicroStrategy’s purchase of 7,002 BTC might have helped boost Bitcoin price today, but derivatives data also shows that pro traders are becoming more bullish. The…
Zilliqa Frequenty Asked Questions
Where does Zilliqa (ZIL) rank among in terms of popularity? How relevant is it compared to competitors?
In terms of popularity, Zilliqa currently ranks in position 121 out of the top 1000 cryptocurrencies. Another important factor in popularity is Zilliqa‘s market capitalization – in general, the higher the market cap of a cryptocurrency, the more dominant it is considered to be in the market. Zilliqa has a market cap of $ 1,159,110,252, which compares to Bitcoin (the most popular cryptocurrency by several metrics) with a market cap of $ 1,100,090,481,390, Litecoin at $ 14,820,147,834, Ethereum at $ 555,258,052,539, Tether at $ 74,233,669,929, and XRP at $ 48,154,817,805.
What is the price of Zilliqa (ZIL) today (updated in realtime)?
The current price of Zilliqa is $ 0.091392 in USD. (The price in Euros is 0,081140 €; and the price in Bitcoin is Ƀ 0.00000155 BTC.)
How has Zilliqa (ZIL) performed recently?
Zilliqa‘s price has decreased in the last 24 hours by -0.28%. The change in price over the last seven days was 1.73%. The trading volume over the last 24 hours was $ 129,620,198. Trading volume indicates how many units of a currency are being bought and sold on specific exchanges. High trading volumes are likely to drive more on-chain activity, for example when people deposit and withdraw funds, and it is considered a good indicator of popular interest in the currency.
What is Zilliqa‘s (ZIL) market supply?
The total circulating (available) supply of Zilliqa is 12,821,176,781 ZIL. The total supply of Zilliqa is 21,000,000,000 ZIL.
What is the 24 hour volume for Zilliqa (ZIL)?
The 24 hour volume of Zilliqa is $ 129,620,198.
What is Zilliqa (ZIL) official website?
Zilliqa‘s official website, social accounts, blockchain explorer, and Github repository if applicable.
All Supported Currencies
|Coin||Price||Marketcap||Volume (24h)||Change (24H)||Supply||Price Graph (7D)||Price Graph (24h)|
|#||Coin||Price||Marketcap||Change (24H)||Price Graph (7D)|