What is Zcash?
Zcash (ZEC) is a coin running on the Zcash blockchain. The main purpose of Zcash is to protect the privacy of its users. Zcash implements the "Zerocash" protocol which offers a high level of privacy. Using the Bitcoin's core code, Zcash implements the decentralized-anonymous-payment scheme. Although transactions are recorded on the blockchain, zero-knowledge succinct non-interactive arguments of knowledge (zk-SNARKs) protocol hide all information about the sender, receiver and amount of transaction. To verify a transactions, a "Zero-knowledge proof" protocol is used. Verification take place without revealing the sender or receiver and transaction size. These three pieces of information are recorded in an encrypted form on the blockchain and are not publicly accessible.
Zcash was founded by Zooko Wilcox, who is also the present CEO. He is known for his contribution to Digicash, ZRTP and SPHINCS. The team consists of 31 members and 6 advisors including Gavin Anderson and Vitalik Buterin. There are 4 members providing outside councilling for this project.
Zcash News And Market Price Data
- Historical Data
- Is excessive bullish optimism behind Bitcoin’s drop below $60K?Cointelegraph.com News - 2 hours agoBitcoin’s futures premium hit its highest level in 5 months, but was this the primary reason for BTC’s fall below $60,000? Bitcoin (BTC) has a…
- Reactivated Ethereum pools trigger a 78% surge in THORChain priceCointelegraph.com News - 3 hours agoRUNE looks ready to extend its gains after the reactivation of ETH-based pools resulted in a 78% rally last week. Ealier this year THORChain underwent…
- Top 5 cryptocurrencies to watch this week: BTC, SOL, AVAX, ALGO, AXSCointelegraph.com News - 5 hours agoTraders are watching to see if BTC’s bounce of the 20-day moving average resumes the uptrend. Meanwhile, SOL, AVAX, ALGO and AXS are preparing for…
- Crypto in the crosshairs: US regulators eye the cryptocurrency sectorCointelegraph.com News - 7 hours agoU.S. regulators are looking at crypto-related areas, touching on financial regulation, economic innovation and national security. In her monthly Expert Take column, Selva Ozelli, an…
- Fear not, investor: Finding stability amid crypto market volatilityCointelegraph.com News - 9 hours agoVolatility in the crypto markets is here to stay. Thus, understanding the utility, necessity and long-term viability of projects is crucial. In a calendar year,…
Zcash Frequenty Asked Questions
Where does Zcash (ZEC) rank among in terms of popularity? How relevant is it compared to competitors?
In terms of popularity, Zcash currently ranks in position 74 out of the top 1000 cryptocurrencies. Another important factor in popularity is Zcash‘s market capitalization – in general, the higher the market cap of a cryptocurrency, the more dominant it is considered to be in the market. Zcash has a market cap of $ 2,042,701,508, which compares to Bitcoin (the most popular cryptocurrency by several metrics) with a market cap of $ 1,153,315,262,663, Litecoin at $ 13,153,551,520, Ethereum at $ 484,057,346,240, Tether at $ 70,748,330,677, and XRP at $ 50,947,144,431.
What is the price of Zcash (ZEC) today (updated in realtime)?
The current price of Zcash is $ 178.32 in USD. (The price in Euros is 153,11 €; and the price in Bitcoin is Ƀ 0.00285385 BTC.)
How has Zcash (ZEC) performed recently?
Zcash‘s price has increased in the last 24 hours by 1.57%. The change in price over the last seven days was 29.08%. The trading volume over the last 24 hours was $ 754,351,696. Trading volume indicates how many units of a currency are being bought and sold on specific exchanges. High trading volumes are likely to drive more on-chain activity, for example when people deposit and withdraw funds, and it is considered a good indicator of popular interest in the currency.
What is Zcash‘s (ZEC) market supply?
The total circulating (available) supply of Zcash is 11,718,495 ZEC. The total supply of Zcash is 21,000,000 ZEC.
What is the 24 hour volume for Zcash (ZEC)?
The 24 hour volume of Zcash is $ 754,351,696.
What is Zcash (ZEC) official website?
Zcash‘s official website, social accounts, blockchain explorer, and Github repository if applicable.
All Supported Currencies
|Coin||Price||Marketcap||Volume (24h)||Change (24H)||Supply||Price Graph (7D)||Price Graph (24h)|
|#||Coin||Price||Marketcap||Change (24H)||Price Graph (7D)|