What is Waves?
Waves provides a platform for creating custom tokens, storing and trading them using waves decentralize exchange. It also supports non-Turing complete smart contracts.
Waves platform aims to make crypto mainstream by working with banks and building a mainstream product assisting the crowdfunding of projects. Waves project is currently led by CEO Alexander Ivanov (Sasha), who has extensive prior experience in the field.
Its total supply is 100 million and the company raised 16 million from ICO in 2016. Waves already launched their web and desktop client for creating new tokens and decentralize trading. The project uses the Scorex platform (written in Scala) for their backend and the Waves main net is using the Waves-ng protocol (based on the bitcoin-ng whitepaper). As per company claims waves-ng is one of the fastest protocols with around ~6000 transactions/ sec.
Waves also launched their waves fiat token to deeply integrate fiat currencies with their platform. The Waves fiat token now follows the Ripple gateway approach to integrate fiat and crypto but the team plans to make it a stable coin in future. Waves fiat token is regulation friendly with proper KYC/AML.
Waves News And Market Price Data
- Historical Data
- Grayscale hints at plans to convert Bitcoin trust into BTC-settled ETFCointelegraph.com News - 11 hours agoGrayscale looks to be seeking to restructure its Bitcoin Trust into a physically-backed fund after the SEC approved a Bitcoin futures ETF. Institutional investment giant…
- Mexican medical firm embraces blockchain for covid test certificatesCointelegraph.com News - 12 hours agoMDS Mexico will use blockchain technology to verify the authenticity of its rapid coronavirus test results. Medical services company MDS Mexico has launched a rapid…
- Retro NFT packs drive frenzied Top Shot speculationCointelegraph.com News - 12 hours agoNFTs celebrating significant basketball moments from the mid-2000s have proved to be a big hit among NBA Top Shot collectors. Trade volume for NBA Top…
- Top 5 cryptocurrencies to watch this week: BTC, ETH, SOL, MATIC, FTMCointelegraph.com News - 19 hours agoBitcoin’s shallow pullback increases the prospect of a new all-time high in the short term and altcoins like ETH, SOL, MATIC and FTM could move…
- Portfolio rebalancing through DeFi must be simplified to see adoptionCointelegraph.com News - 20 hours agoThe decentralized finance industry is growing rapidly, and it’s time for portfolio risk management to keep up with innovations. Central banks and key leaders are…
Waves Frequenty Asked Questions
Where does Waves (WAVES) rank among in terms of popularity? How relevant is it compared to competitors?
In terms of popularity, Waves currently ranks in position 58 out of the top 1000 cryptocurrencies. Another important factor in popularity is Waves‘s market capitalization – in general, the higher the market cap of a cryptocurrency, the more dominant it is considered to be in the market. Waves has a market cap of $ 2,836,146,706, which compares to Bitcoin (the most popular cryptocurrency by several metrics) with a market cap of $ 1,173,275,546,465, Litecoin at $ 12,681,176,416, Ethereum at $ 444,168,997,694, Tether at $ 70,173,695,014, and XRP at $ 51,169,700,993.
What is the price of Waves (WAVES) today (updated in realtime)?
The current price of Waves is $ 28.25 in USD. (The price in Euros is 24,36 €; and the price in Bitcoin is Ƀ 0.00045622 BTC.)
How has Waves (WAVES) performed recently?
Waves‘s price has decreased in the last 24 hours by -3.22%. The change in price over the last seven days was 6.26%. The trading volume over the last 24 hours was $ 147,389,506. Trading volume indicates how many units of a currency are being bought and sold on specific exchanges. High trading volumes are likely to drive more on-chain activity, for example when people deposit and withdraw funds, and it is considered a good indicator of popular interest in the currency.
What is Waves‘s (WAVES) market supply?
The total circulating (available) supply of Waves is 100,000,000 WAVES. The total supply of Waves is 100,000,000 WAVES.
What is the 24 hour volume for Waves (WAVES)?
The 24 hour volume of Waves is $ 147,389,506.
What is Waves (WAVES) official website?
Waves‘s official website, social accounts, blockchain explorer, and Github repository if applicable.
All Supported Currencies
|Coin||Price||Marketcap||Volume (24h)||Change (24H)||Supply||Price Graph (7D)||Price Graph (24h)|
|#||Coin||Price||Marketcap||Change (24H)||Price Graph (7D)|