What is Tezos?
Tezos is a self-amending decentralized blockchain platform that enables the formalization of smart contracts. By facilitating the formal verification of smart contracts it helps avoiding buggy code. Other than that, it is similar to the Ethereum blockchain, allowing creation and formalization of smart contracts. The platform creates governance rules that stakeholders within the network must abide with when verifying transactions. he key features of this platform is on-chain governance and self-amendment.
Tezos' network follows a different protocol method from the conventional blockchain. It is using a generic network shell focused on a modular strategy. The project is written in the OCaml programming language.
In terms of validating and signing of blocks, Tezos has adapted a delegated proof-of-stake consensus algorithm. In this staking method, stakeholders, known as bakers participate in Tezos' baking process. The backers are required to deposit some tokens and then get rewarded for signing blocks or punished for errant behavior. Punishment includes losing one's deposits
Tezos hopes to better its predecessors by giving stakeholders full control of the network hence enhancing decentralization. The network is the brain child of Arthur Breitman, a French mathematician and scientist and his wife Kathleen Breitman, who has a background in the financial sector.
Tezos News And Market Price Data
- Historical Data
- It’s time for the philanthropic sector to embrace digital currenciesCointelegraph.com News - 3 hours agoSuch principles as decentralization and tokenization will enrich the nonprofit and charitable sectors via accepting donations in crypto. The amount of cryptocurrencies on the market…
- Bitmart hacked for $200M following Ethereum, Binance Smart Chain exploitCointelegraph.com News - 7 hours agoThe hackers made away with a mix of over 20 tokens that includes altcoins such as BNB, Safemoon, BSC-USD and BPay. Crypto exchange Bitmart lost…
- Jack Dorsey steps down from Twitter, MicroStrategy snaps up 7K BTC and Square rebrands to Block: Hodler’s Digest, Nov. 28-Dec. 4Cointelegraph.com News - 9 hours agoComing every Saturday, Hodlers Digest will help you track every single important news story that happened this week. The best (and worst) quotes, adoption and…
- Things to know (and fear) about new IRS crypto tax reportingCointelegraph.com News - 16 hours agoThe new law redefines “cash” to include “any digital representation of value” including cryptocurrency, but in an anonymous system, is this going to work? The…
- Blockchains need to move toward standards for interoperable asset transfersCointelegraph.com News - 18 hours agoA new emerging economy, which includes blockchain-native tokens, digital tokens, stablecoins and CBDCs, requires interoperable blockchain standards. Cross-chain asset transfer has been around for several…
Tezos Frequenty Asked Questions
Where does Tezos (XTZ) rank among in terms of popularity? How relevant is it compared to competitors?
In terms of popularity, Tezos currently ranks in position 50 out of the top 1000 cryptocurrencies. Another important factor in popularity is Tezos‘s market capitalization – in general, the higher the market cap of a cryptocurrency, the more dominant it is considered to be in the market. Tezos has a market cap of $ 3,508,620,238, which compares to Bitcoin (the most popular cryptocurrency by several metrics) with a market cap of $ 932,214,143,517, Litecoin at $ 10,944,433,866, Ethereum at $ 499,973,905,164, Tether at $ 76,235,914,317, and XRP at $ 39,033,041,076.
What is the price of Tezos (XTZ) today (updated in realtime)?
The current price of Tezos is $ 4.05 in USD. (The price in Euros is 3,59 €; and the price in Bitcoin is Ƀ 0.00008197 BTC.)
How has Tezos (XTZ) performed recently?
Tezos‘s price has decreased in the last 24 hours by -4.38%. The change in price over the last seven days was -11.71%. The trading volume over the last 24 hours was $ 180,013,810. Trading volume indicates how many units of a currency are being bought and sold on specific exchanges. High trading volumes are likely to drive more on-chain activity, for example when people deposit and withdraw funds, and it is considered a good indicator of popular interest in the currency.
What is Tezos‘s (XTZ) market supply?
The total circulating (available) supply of Tezos is 868,745,250 XTZ. The total supply of Tezos is 0 XTZ.
What is the 24 hour volume for Tezos (XTZ)?
The 24 hour volume of Tezos is $ 180,013,810.
What is Tezos (XTZ) official website?
Tezos‘s official website, social accounts, blockchain explorer, and Github repository if applicable.
All Supported Currencies
|Coin||Price||Marketcap||Volume (24h)||Change (24H)||Supply||Price Graph (7D)||Price Graph (24h)|
|#||Coin||Price||Marketcap||Change (24H)||Price Graph (7D)|