What is Tezos?
Tezos is a self-amending decentralized blockchain platform that enables the formalization of smart contracts. By facilitating the formal verification of smart contracts it helps avoiding buggy code. Other than that, it is similar to the Ethereum blockchain, allowing creation and formalization of smart contracts. The platform creates governance rules that stakeholders within the network must abide with when verifying transactions. he key features of this platform is on-chain governance and self-amendment.
Tezos' network follows a different protocol method from the conventional blockchain. It is using a generic network shell focused on a modular strategy. The project is written in the OCaml programming language.
In terms of validating and signing of blocks, Tezos has adapted a delegated proof-of-stake consensus algorithm. In this staking method, stakeholders, known as bakers participate in Tezos' baking process. The backers are required to deposit some tokens and then get rewarded for signing blocks or punished for errant behavior. Punishment includes losing one's deposits
Tezos hopes to better its predecessors by giving stakeholders full control of the network hence enhancing decentralization. The network is the brain child of Arthur Breitman, a French mathematician and scientist and his wife Kathleen Breitman, who has a background in the financial sector.
Tezos News And Market Price Data
- Historical Data
- Proshares’ Bitcoin ETF sees $1B in first day volume, BTC price hits new high, and Coinbase partners with NBA and WNBA: Hodler’s Digest, Oct. 17-23Cointelegraph.com News - 8 hours agoComing every Saturday, Hodlers Digest will help you track every single important news story that happened this week. The best (and worst) quotes, adoption and…
- Fear of the unknown: A tale of the SEC’s crusade against syntheticsCointelegraph.com News - 8 hours agoDeFi built on blockchain and legacy financial systems is on the verge of clashing in one of the most tumultuous battles in economic history. On…
- NFTs for freedom: Nonfungible tokens and the right to self-determinationCointelegraph.com News - 10 hours agoWith a rise in distributed political discourse, nonfungible tokens can provide exciting new opportunities for self-governance. It seems that everyone — from corporate behemoths like…
- What has been standing in the way of a pure-Bitcoin ETF?Cointelegraph.com News - 11 hours agoWith regulators slowly starting to come to terms with Bitcoin as an asset, how could this affect the present and future views of BTC ETFs?…
- Bitcoin 'still bullish' even if BTC price drops to $50K — analysisCointelegraph.com News - 11 hours agoIt may not be likely, but Bitcoin has a lot more room to lure bears into a false sense of security, one analyst forecasts. Bitcoin…
Tezos Frequenty Asked Questions
Where does Tezos (XTZ) rank among in terms of popularity? How relevant is it compared to competitors?
In terms of popularity, Tezos currently ranks in position 37 out of the top 1000 cryptocurrencies. Another important factor in popularity is Tezos‘s market capitalization – in general, the higher the market cap of a cryptocurrency, the more dominant it is considered to be in the market. Tezos has a market cap of $ 5,825,175,863, which compares to Bitcoin (the most popular cryptocurrency by several metrics) with a market cap of $ 1,157,315,876,809, Litecoin at $ 13,690,981,213, Ethereum at $ 489,063,752,692, Tether at $ 70,736,998,249, and XRP at $ 51,335,390,675.
What is the price of Tezos (XTZ) today (updated in realtime)?
The current price of Tezos is $ 6.73 in USD. (The price in Euros is 5,78 €; and the price in Bitcoin is Ƀ 0.00010988 BTC.)
How has Tezos (XTZ) performed recently?
Tezos‘s price has decreased in the last 24 hours by -1.41%. The change in price over the last seven days was -2.88%. The trading volume over the last 24 hours was $ 118,516,335. Trading volume indicates how many units of a currency are being bought and sold on specific exchanges. High trading volumes are likely to drive more on-chain activity, for example when people deposit and withdraw funds, and it is considered a good indicator of popular interest in the currency.
What is Tezos‘s (XTZ) market supply?
The total circulating (available) supply of Tezos is 864,148,981 XTZ. The total supply of Tezos is 0 XTZ.
What is the 24 hour volume for Tezos (XTZ)?
The 24 hour volume of Tezos is $ 118,516,335.
What is Tezos (XTZ) official website?
Tezos‘s official website, social accounts, blockchain explorer, and Github repository if applicable.
All Supported Currencies
|Coin||Price||Marketcap||Volume (24h)||Change (24H)||Supply||Price Graph (7D)||Price Graph (24h)|
|#||Coin||Price||Marketcap||Change (24H)||Price Graph (7D)|