What is Tether?
Tether is a tocken issued by Tether Limited company which belongs to the Bitfinex trading platform. It was built on top of Omni Layer digital currency protocol, which works on the Bitcoin blockchain.
The main purpose of this token is to provide stability to traders and members of cryptocurrency market, because Tether is claimed to be backed by US dollars on Tether Ltd bank accounts, so its price is not as volatile as prices of other cryptocurrencies. However, that remains yet to be proven and is is the reason why the U.S. Commodity Futures Trading Commission issued subpoenas to both Tether and Bitfinex. Also Tether Ltd underlines that the Tether token is not a financial instrument, and the owners of Tethers have no rights for legal claims or guarantees against losses.
Nevertheless, tether is a very popular token and is used by a number of exchanges (mostly the crypto to crypto only ones) as their main stablecoin. The amount of Tethers grew up to $2.8 billion. During summer 2018 around 80% of Bitcoin volume was traded in Tethers.
Tether News And Market Price Data
- Historical Data
- We haven’t even begun to tap into the potential of NFTsCointelegraph.com News - 4 hours agoNonfungible tokens will become a critical component of all brands’ marketing and digital strategy initiatives — and even more. Earlier this summer, CNN and The…
- Shiba Inu surges over 45% in two days to reach an all-time highCointelegraph.com News - 8 hours agoThe latest price jump of SHIB token is attributed to an ongoing bullish trend from Oct. 15, which was followed by a week-long support at…
- OTC crypto shops flood Hong Kong, but regulations may impact their presenceCointelegraph.com News - 9 hours agoBrick and mortar crypto exchanges are common in Hong Kong, but concerns remain around uncertain regulations that could demolish these shops entirely. Hong Kong, one…
- YouTube channels hacked and rebranded for live-streaming crypto scamsCointelegraph.com News - 11 hours agoGoogle’s Threat Analysis Group (TAG) attributes the attacks to a group of hackers recruited in a Russian-speaking forum that sells the hacked YouTube channels to…
- Proshares’ Bitcoin ETF sees $1B in first day volume, BTC price hits new high, and Coinbase partners with NBA and WNBA: Hodler’s Digest, Oct. 17-23Cointelegraph.com News - 20 hours agoComing every Saturday, Hodlers Digest will help you track every single important news story that happened this week. The best (and worst) quotes, adoption and…
Tether Frequenty Asked Questions
Where does Tether (USDT) rank among in terms of popularity? How relevant is it compared to competitors?
In terms of popularity, Tether currently ranks in position 4 out of the top 1000 cryptocurrencies. Another important factor in popularity is Tether‘s market capitalization – in general, the higher the market cap of a cryptocurrency, the more dominant it is considered to be in the market. Tether has a market cap of $ 70,616,614,995, which compares to Bitcoin (the most popular cryptocurrency by several metrics) with a market cap of $ 1,135,842,487,298, Litecoin at $ 13,122,522,360, Ethereum at $ 475,721,835,338, Tether at $ 70,616,614,995, and XRP at $ 50,690,961,507.
What is the price of Tether (USDT) today (updated in realtime)?
The current price of Tether is $ 0.999126 in USD. (The price in Euros is 0,858024 €; and the price in Bitcoin is Ƀ 0.00001671 BTC.)
How has Tether (USDT) performed recently?
Tether‘s price has decreased in the last 24 hours by -0.66%. The change in price over the last seven days was -0.36%. The trading volume over the last 24 hours was $ 59,185,221,898. Trading volume indicates how many units of a currency are being bought and sold on specific exchanges. High trading volumes are likely to drive more on-chain activity, for example when people deposit and withdraw funds, and it is considered a good indicator of popular interest in the currency.
What is Tether‘s (USDT) market supply?
The total circulating (available) supply of Tether is 70,416,110,815 USDT. The total supply of Tether is 70,416,110,815 USDT.
What is the 24 hour volume for Tether (USDT)?
The 24 hour volume of Tether is $ 59,185,221,898.
What is Tether (USDT) official website?
Tether‘s official website, social accounts, blockchain explorer, and Github repository if applicable.
All Supported Currencies
|Coin||Price||Marketcap||Volume (24h)||Change (24H)||Supply||Price Graph (7D)||Price Graph (24h)|
|#||Coin||Price||Marketcap||Change (24H)||Price Graph (7D)|