What is Storj?
Storj (pronounced: storage) aims to become a cloud storage platform that can’t be censored or monitored, or have downtime. It is the first decentralized, end-to-end encrypted cloud storage that uses blockchain technology and cryptography to secure your files.
Storj is a platform, cryptocurrency, and suite of decentralized applications that allows you to store data in a secure and decentralized manner. Your files are encrypted, shredded into little pieces called 'shards', and stored in a decentralized network of computers around the globe. No one but you has a complete copy of your file, not even in an ecrypted form.
Because of this, Storj can be faster, cheaper, and more secure than traditional cloud storage platforms. Faster because multiple machines are serving you your file simultaneously, cheaper because you are renting people's spare hard-drive space instead of paying for a purpose-built data center, and more secure because your file is both encrypted and shredded. There is no need to trust a corporation, vulnerable servers, or employees with your files. Storj completely removes trust from the equation.
Storj uses blockchain features like a transaction ledger, public/private key encryption, and cryptographic hash functions for security.
Storj is working hard to solve data security issues with the help of its own web app, Storj, which lets you store your files, and client app, Storj Share, which lets you rent your hard-drive space for money.
To best protect your data, files are encrypted client-side on your computer before they are uploaded. Each file is split up into chunks which are first encrypted and then distributed for storage across the Storj network. The network is comprised of Storj Share nodes run by users around the world who rent out their unused hard drive space in return for Storj Token (STORJ).
The decentralized aspect of Storj means there are no central servers to be compromised, and with client-side encryption, your are in control of the keys to your files.
Storj News And Market Price Data
- Historical Data
- OKEx shared insights on trading, regulation, DeFi and more during recent Markets Pro AMACointelegraph.com News - 14 hours agoAmong many features, OKEx staff demonstrated how users could automate their trading process with no required coding knowledge on the namesake platform. Founded in 2017,…
- Bitcoin drops below $54K, stocks sell-off after new COVID-19 variant emergesCointelegraph.com News - 14 hours agoBears took control of BTC price after options markets flashed bearish signals, but should traders be worried? Crypto exchange Deribit is the absolute leader in…
- El Salvador celebrates Black Friday, buys 100 BTC for 20% offCointelegraph.com News - 14 hours agoWith the addition of the 100 coins today, El Salvador holds 1,220 BTC, worth roughly $66.3 million following the crypto asset’s drop to the $54,000s.…
- Price analysis 11/26: BTC, ETH, BNB, SOL, ADA, XRP, DOT, DOGE, AVAX, SHIBCointelegraph.com News - 16 hours agoBitcoin and most major altcoins are on the verge of starting a deeper correction, which will signal that a short-term top may be in place.…
- Tanzania reportedly makes plans to launch CBDCCointelegraph.com News - 17 hours agoThe central bank has “already begun preparations” for a digital shilling, according to Bank of Tanzania Governor Florens Luoga. The Bank of Tanzania is reportedly…
Storj Frequenty Asked Questions
Where does Storj (STORJ) rank among in terms of popularity? How relevant is it compared to competitors?
In terms of popularity, Storj currently ranks in position 215 out of the top 1000 cryptocurrencies. Another important factor in popularity is Storj‘s market capitalization – in general, the higher the market cap of a cryptocurrency, the more dominant it is considered to be in the market. Storj has a market cap of $ 428,069,460, which compares to Bitcoin (the most popular cryptocurrency by several metrics) with a market cap of $ 1,035,461,296,210, Litecoin at $ 13,659,073,190, Ethereum at $ 491,627,243,701, Tether at $ 74,171,209,365, and XRP at $ 45,105,059,193.
What is the price of Storj (STORJ) today (updated in realtime)?
The current price of Storj is $ 2.98 in USD. (The price in Euros is 2,65 €; and the price in Bitcoin is Ƀ 0.00005435 BTC.)
How has Storj (STORJ) performed recently?
Storj‘s price has decreased in the last 24 hours by -0.91%. The change in price over the last seven days was 43.04%. The trading volume over the last 24 hours was $ 802,596,160. Trading volume indicates how many units of a currency are being bought and sold on specific exchanges. High trading volumes are likely to drive more on-chain activity, for example when people deposit and withdraw funds, and it is considered a good indicator of popular interest in the currency.
What is Storj‘s (STORJ) market supply?
The total circulating (available) supply of Storj is 143,787,439 STORJ. The total supply of Storj is 424,999,998 STORJ.
What is the 24 hour volume for Storj (STORJ)?
The 24 hour volume of Storj is $ 802,596,160.
What is Storj (STORJ) official website?
Storj‘s official website, social accounts, blockchain explorer, and Github repository if applicable.
All Supported Currencies
|Coin||Price||Marketcap||Volume (24h)||Change (24H)||Supply||Price Graph (7D)||Price Graph (24h)|
|#||Coin||Price||Marketcap||Change (24H)||Price Graph (7D)|