What is Ravencoin?
RavenCoin derives its name from a bird called Raven that was used to deliver statements of truth in western folklores. It is a peer-to-peer digital network used for transferring digital assets from one person to another. It is a also a Proof-of-Work currency based on a Bitcoin fork. The coin was launched on January 3, 2018, during the Bitcoin's 9th anniversary.
RavenCoin has some distinctive features that differentiates it from Bitcoin. For instance, its blocktime is one minute, has an suance schedule block reward of 5000 RVN and uses X16R mining algorithm. It is this algorithm that counters ASIC miners to prevent centralization by disrupting the hashing algorithms' ordering like is in the case with Bitcoin.
The main purpose of this coin is to enable transfer of digital assets like tokens from one individual to another. It is good to note that this coin is free from ASICs thanks to its algorithm, had a fair launch, there was no premining and is not linked up to any exchange. Users are free to ask about prices and carry out price checks.
At the moment, the most practical use the coin can be put into is enabling instant transfer of cash from one person to another anywhere in the world.
Ravencoin News And Market Price Data
- Historical Data
- Bitcoin could 'consolidate until 2022' after mass wipeout sends BTC price to $41KCointelegraph.com News - 10 hours ago$2.5 billion liquidated across cryptocurrency in a mass rout which sends Bitcoin price action back to the end of September. Bitcoin (BTC) traded near $47,000…
- FTX releases crypto regulation proposals before US congressional hearingCointelegraph.com News - 11 hours agoThe “FTX’s Key Principles for Market Regulation” blog consists of a 10-points proposal aiming to help U.S. regulators build a crypto-centric regulatory framework. Bahamian-based cryptocurrency…
- El Salvador stacks 150 Bitcoin after BTC price crashes below $50kCointelegraph.com News - 13 hours agoWith this purchase, El Salvador’s Bitcoin reserve now amounts to 1,270 BTC, which is worth nearly $60.3 million at the time of writing. The Republic…
- Bitcoin tumbles below $47K wiping out October gains — Bear market begins?Cointelegraph.com News - 14 hours agoThe price of Bitcoin has fallen to two-month lows as volatility bites. But could the bottom be in for the Bitcoin price at around $42,000?…
- Traders say ATOM could eventually do an AVAX-like surge to $100Cointelegraph.com News - 19 hours agoFractals, bullish technical analysis patterns and the fact that 67% of the total supply is staked are key reasons why analysts expect ATOM to hit…
Ravencoin Frequenty Asked Questions
Where does Ravencoin (RVN) rank among in terms of popularity? How relevant is it compared to competitors?
In terms of popularity, Ravencoin currently ranks in position 122 out of the top 1000 cryptocurrencies. Another important factor in popularity is Ravencoin‘s market capitalization – in general, the higher the market cap of a cryptocurrency, the more dominant it is considered to be in the market. Ravencoin has a market cap of $ 931,782,776, which compares to Bitcoin (the most popular cryptocurrency by several metrics) with a market cap of $ 932,680,202,337, Litecoin at $ 11,173,458,517, Ethereum at $ 486,932,809,230, Tether at $ 75,466,489,845, and XRP at $ 38,305,953,497.
What is the price of Ravencoin (RVN) today (updated in realtime)?
The current price of Ravencoin is $ 0.091295 in USD. (The price in Euros is 0,080850 €; and the price in Bitcoin is Ƀ 0.00000185 BTC.)
How has Ravencoin (RVN) performed recently?
Ravencoin‘s price has decreased in the last 24 hours by -16.45%. The change in price over the last seven days was -11.58%. The trading volume over the last 24 hours was $ 132,998,867. Trading volume indicates how many units of a currency are being bought and sold on specific exchanges. High trading volumes are likely to drive more on-chain activity, for example when people deposit and withdraw funds, and it is considered a good indicator of popular interest in the currency.
What is Ravencoin‘s (RVN) market supply?
The total circulating (available) supply of Ravencoin is 10,229,600,000 RVN. The total supply of Ravencoin is 21,000,000,000 RVN.
What is the 24 hour volume for Ravencoin (RVN)?
The 24 hour volume of Ravencoin is $ 132,998,867.
What is Ravencoin (RVN) official website?
Ravencoin‘s official website, social accounts, blockchain explorer, and Github repository if applicable.
All Supported Currencies
|Coin||Price||Marketcap||Volume (24h)||Change (24H)||Supply||Price Graph (7D)||Price Graph (24h)|
|#||Coin||Price||Marketcap||Change (24H)||Price Graph (7D)|