POA Network (POA)
What is POA Network?
POA Network (POA) is a token platform and a public side chain of Ethereum but with improved features due to the efficient consensus mechanism being used i.e. Proof of Authority. The benefits of this consensus protocol include higher transaction throughput, energy efficient, horizontal scaling, no specialed hardware required and lower transaction costs. Similar to ERC-20 tokens, POA Network offers POA-20 tokens which can be interchanged on Ethereum network in a cost-effective manner using cross-chain bridge technology. The POA Network is suitable for monetization of games and offers 3 times faster solution than Ethereum at fraction of the cost. A number of Dapps are available over the blockchain such as Governance, Bridge UI, Network stats, BlockScout. Ethereum Dapps can also be ported to POA Network blockchain for efficient and low-cost operations.
The POA Network team has Igor Barinov (co-founded Block Notary) as a product manager, Viktor Baranov as core developers and Andrew Cravenho as a project lead. The team has total of 13 members. The advisory board has 5 members.
The Proof of Authority consensus protocol runs on a network of nodes known as validators. Unlike Proof of Stake where the identity of nodes is unknown and the value is given according to the number of tokens held, Proof of Authority initial nodes (validators) are Independent US public notaries with active commission license. Initially, 12 validators will be allotted the keys and further validators can be added through the voting process using builtin Governance Dapp. There is no requirement of holding a minimum amount of POA network tokens. There are several benefits of Proof of Authority consensus such as validators have a known identity, fast network (block created every 5 seconds) and legally recognizable hard forks.
POA Network News And Market Price Data
- Historical Data
- Price analysis 1/28: BTC, ETH, BNB, ADA, SOL, XRP, LUNA, DOGE, DOT, AVAXCointelegraph.com News - 10 hours agoTechnical analysis points toward early bottoming signs in BTC and altcoins, but analysts forecast another sharp downside move. Bitcoin (BTC) and most major altcoins are…
- LeBron James and Crypto.com team up for blockchain education initiativeCointelegraph.com News - 10 hours agoThe education initiative aims to help 1,600 school children in LeBron James’ hometown. But not every Crypto.com user seems to be happy about the partnership.…
- Bitcoin returns to $37K amid warnings that BTC price 'needs to go lower'Cointelegraph.com News - 11 hours agoNot tackling even lower levels “seems wrong,” one analyst says, while another popular trader demands a $40,000 reclaim for Bitcoin price to flip “full bull.”…
- Staying cool: Is crypto snowballing to 1 billion users this year?Cointelegraph.com News - 13 hours agoDemographics rule: “Younger people are more likely to embrace crypto than older generations.” Meanwhile, the Great Transfer of Wealth is coming. Crypto.com raised a few…
- Defying the bear market, this automated strategy is up 15% so far in 2022Cointelegraph.com News - 13 hours agoEven amid a protracted marketwide slump, profit opportunities for crypto traders are still out there. Let’s be blunt: Being in a bear market sucks profoundly…
POA Network Frequenty Asked Questions
Where does POA Network (POA) rank among in terms of popularity? How relevant is it compared to competitors?
In terms of popularity, POA Network currently ranks in position 2377 out of the top 1000 cryptocurrencies. Another important factor in popularity is POA Network‘s market capitalization – in general, the higher the market cap of a cryptocurrency, the more dominant it is considered to be in the market. POA Network has a market cap of $ 805,627, which compares to Bitcoin (the most popular cryptocurrency by several metrics) with a market cap of $ 713,154,894,527, Litecoin at $ 7,616,086,120, Ethereum at $ 303,231,801,406, Tether at $ 78,313,758,464, and XRP at $ 29,258,159,219.
What is the price of POA Network (POA) today (updated in realtime)?
The current price of POA Network is $ 0.004365 in USD. (The price in Euros is 0,003896 €; and the price in Bitcoin is Ƀ 0.00000012 BTC.)
How has POA Network (POA) performed recently?
POA Network‘s price has increased in the last 24 hours by 5.44%. The change in price over the last seven days was -32.94%. The trading volume over the last 24 hours was $ 63. Trading volume indicates how many units of a currency are being bought and sold on specific exchanges. High trading volumes are likely to drive more on-chain activity, for example when people deposit and withdraw funds, and it is considered a good indicator of popular interest in the currency.
What is POA Network‘s (POA) market supply?
The total circulating (available) supply of POA Network is 184,659,323 POA. The total supply of POA Network is 0 POA.
What is the 24 hour volume for POA Network (POA)?
The 24 hour volume of POA Network is $ 63.
What is POA Network (POA) official website?
POA Network‘s official website, social accounts, blockchain explorer, and Github repository if applicable.
All Supported Currencies
|Coin||Price||Marketcap||Volume (24h)||Change (24H)||Supply||Price Graph (7D)||Price Graph (24h)|
|#||Coin||Price||Marketcap||Change (24H)||Price Graph (7D)|