What is Litecoin?
Litecoin (LTC) claimed the status of silver (compared to Bitcoin's gold status). It works very similar to Bitcoin and differs mainly in parameters such as hashing algorithm (scrypt), coin supply limit (84 million) and average blocktime(2.5 minutes).
Litecoin was launched in 2011 by former Google engineer Charlie Lee, in order to enable CPU mining at a time when GPUs took over as Bitcoin's primary mining driver. However people later managed to port Scrypt over to GPU as well as ASICs, yet tecoin has still managed to remain mostly in top 10 cyptocurrency list (ordered by market capitalization).
Litecoin News And Market Price Data
- Historical Data
- CFTC slaps Tether and Bitfinex with a combined $42.5 million fineCointelegraph.com News - 4 hours agoThe settlement triggered concerns that the CFTC’s role in stablecoin regulation could be misunderstood by the public. On Oct. 15, the Commodity Futures Trading Commission,…
- Better call SOL: Month-long consolidation puts Solana price en route to $275Cointelegraph.com News - 5 hours agoSOL has been forming a Bull Pennant following its 14,200% year-to-date price rally. Solana (SOL) price technicals suggest SOL can hit $275 in the coming…
- BREAKING: Nasdaq listing hints that the SEC may soon approve ETF application from ValkyrieCointelegraph.com News - 5 hours agoNasdaq’s vice president of listing qualifications, Eun Ah Choi, said shares of Valkyrie’s Bitcoin ETF had been certified for listing on the exchange. The United…
- The future of the vast oil and gas industry depends on blockchainCointelegraph.com News - 5 hours agoInnovative oil and gas companies are leveraging blockchain, but the industry as a whole may be slow to adopt the technology. The age of digital…
- Slow and steady is path to crypto riches says YouTube starCointelegraph.com News - 7 hours agoWhen Nicholas Merten saw a video explaining Bitcoin in November 2011, he brushed it off, later lamenting that I unfortunately did not do the right…
Litecoin Frequenty Asked Questions
Where does Litecoin (LTC) rank among in terms of popularity? How relevant is it compared to competitors?
In terms of popularity, Litecoin currently ranks in position 15 out of the top 1000 cryptocurrencies. Another important factor in popularity is Litecoin‘s market capitalization – in general, the higher the market cap of a cryptocurrency, the more dominant it is considered to be in the market. Litecoin has a market cap of $ 13,168,952,414, which compares to Bitcoin (the most popular cryptocurrency by several metrics) with a market cap of $ 1,161,597,606,625, Litecoin at $ 13,168,952,414, Ethereum at $ 455,821,210,772, Tether at $ 69,643,066,949, and XRP at $ 53,765,675,500.
What is the price of Litecoin (LTC) today (updated in realtime)?
The current price of Litecoin is $ 193.73 in USD. (The price in Euros is 166,85 €; and the price in Bitcoin is Ƀ 0.00309344 BTC.)
How has Litecoin (LTC) performed recently?
Litecoin‘s price has increased in the last 24 hours by 7.61%. The change in price over the last seven days was 8.20%. The trading volume over the last 24 hours was $ 3,182,452,201. Trading volume indicates how many units of a currency are being bought and sold on specific exchanges. High trading volumes are likely to drive more on-chain activity, for example when people deposit and withdraw funds, and it is considered a good indicator of popular interest in the currency.
What is Litecoin‘s (LTC) market supply?
The total circulating (available) supply of Litecoin is 68,756,571 LTC. The total supply of Litecoin is 84,000,000 LTC.
What is the 24 hour volume for Litecoin (LTC)?
The 24 hour volume of Litecoin is $ 3,182,452,201.
What is Litecoin (LTC) official website?
Litecoin‘s official website, social accounts, blockchain explorer, and Github repository if applicable.
All Supported Currencies
|Coin||Price||Marketcap||Volume (24h)||Change (24H)||Supply||Price Graph (7D)||Price Graph (24h)|
|#||Coin||Price||Marketcap||Change (24H)||Price Graph (7D)|