What is Dogecoin?
While widely known in the crypto community, dogecoin is considered more of a meme than a serious cryptocurrency. Dogecoin was created in 2013 and named after the popular meme of a Shiba Inu. The creators of the cryptocurrency used Litecoin technology to power Dogecoin.
Dogecoin was created as a sarcastic joke by Jackson Palmer, a product manager at Adobe. A software engineer at IBM, Bill Markus, saw the buzz Dogecoin was getting and developed software for Palmer to accompany his product. From there, the cryptocurrency jumped a staggering 300% after only two weeks of being launched after becoming a viral sensation.
However, Dogecoin is an inflationary coin, meaning there is no finite number of Dogecoin to be mined. Instead, the number is unlimited, which the creators believed created a more versatile, newcomer-friendly community. It also means that the price can never be driven up by scarcity since there is no supply cap.
The sense of community through Dogecoin has always been palpable. At the height of their success, they donated millions of coins to relief funds and humanitarian projects worldwide. Unfortunately, the friendly community that began Dogecoin did not continue, and the coin took losses after a handful of scandals and scams.
Like the rest of the crypto community, Dogecoin took a massive plunge in 2018. However, despite the controversy and downfall of cryptocurrency, a dedicated team of miners continues to mine for Dogecoin and believe in the mission. More recently in 2020, after a week of viral videos on TikTok, the coin jumped 35% in price and 2,000% in volume, and while that was short-lived, Dogecoin still ranks as a top 50 cryptocurrency.
Dogecoin News And Market Price Data
- Historical Data
- 3 reasons why Ethereum price might not hit $5,000 anytime soonCointelegraph.com News - 10 hours agoEthereum price might be bullish in the short term but there are a handful of factors that could keep the price pinned in its current…
- Pro traders look for this classic pattern to spot Bitcoin price reversalsCointelegraph.com News - 13 hours agoCrypto and stock traders view the inverse head-and-shoulders pattern as an early signal that a bullish trend reversal is in the making. Every trader aims…
- Amazon rumored to be accepting Bitcoin, MicoStrategy pledges to buy more BTC despite losses, Bitcoin struggles at $40K: Hodler’s Digest, July 25-31Cointelegraph.com News - 14 hours agoComing every Saturday, Hodlers Digest will help you track every single important news story that happened this week. The best (and worst) quotes, adoption and…
- German law allowing institutional funds to hold crypto comes into effect Aug. 2Cointelegraph.com News - 17 hours agoAs much as $415 billion worth of investments could flow into cryptocurrencies as new laws governing German Spezialfonds go into effect. Beginning on August 2,…
- Bitcoin 'supercycle' sets up Q4 BTC price top as illiquid supply hits all-time highCointelegraph.com News - 18 hours agoRecent events mean that a Q4 “blow-off top” is now back on the menu as BTC price recovery clings to its 23% weekly gains. Bitcoin…
Dogecoin Frequenty Asked Questions
Where does Dogecoin (DOGE) rank among in terms of popularity? How relevant is it compared to competitors?
In terms of popularity, Dogecoin currently ranks in position 7 out of the top 1000 cryptocurrencies. Another important factor in popularity is Dogecoin‘s market capitalization – in general, the higher the market cap of a cryptocurrency, the more dominant it is considered to be in the market. Dogecoin has a market cap of $ 28,600,256,009, which compares to Bitcoin (the most popular cryptocurrency by several metrics) with a market cap of $ 786,348,019,381, Litecoin at $ 9,933,682,522, Ethereum at $ 304,241,074,790, Tether at $ 62,119,183,952, and XRP at $ 35,584,560,051.
What is the price of Dogecoin (DOGE) today (updated in realtime)?
The current price of Dogecoin is $ 0.219024 in USD. (The price in Euros is 0,184205 €; and the price in Bitcoin is Ƀ 0.00000500 BTC.)
How has Dogecoin (DOGE) performed recently?
Dogecoin‘s price has increased in the last 24 hours by 3.92%. The change in price over the last seven days was 10.48%. The trading volume over the last 24 hours was $ 2,211,207,698. Trading volume indicates how many units of a currency are being bought and sold on specific exchanges. High trading volumes are likely to drive more on-chain activity, for example when people deposit and withdraw funds, and it is considered a good indicator of popular interest in the currency.
What is Dogecoin‘s (DOGE) market supply?
The total circulating (available) supply of Dogecoin is 130,666,722,046 DOGE. The total supply of Dogecoin is 0 DOGE.
What is the 24 hour volume for Dogecoin (DOGE)?
The 24 hour volume of Dogecoin is $ 2,211,207,698.
What is Dogecoin (DOGE) official website?
Dogecoin‘s official website, social accounts, blockchain explorer, and Github repository if applicable.
All Supported Currencies
|Coin||Price||Marketcap||Volume (24h)||Change (24H)||Supply||Price Graph (7D)||Price Graph (24h)|
|#||Coin||Price||Marketcap||Change (24H)||Price Graph (7D)|