What is Chainlink?
ChainLink is a decentralized oracle (software built on top of a blockchain), which provides external data to Ethereum smart contracts. ChainLink is an open source project, started at September 2017 by a company SmartContract. This company was already creating secure oracles for Bitcoin and Ethereum for over 3 years, but in 2017 decided to move towards their own middleware ChainLink. At the moment ChainLink is maintained by 3 developers.
The main purpose for creating ChainLink was to provide nnectivity between blockchains and external software such as bank payments, retail payments (Visa, Paypal), market data (NYSE, Bloomberg) and backend systems (SalesForce, SAP). This allows to integrate blockchain with off-chain sales and local payments, to turn them into smart contracts in exchange for LINK tockens. LINK token is an EIP20 Ethereum token with some additional functions. ICO for LINK tokens was completed on September 2017 raising total of $32.00 M.
Currently ChainLink only works with Ropsten, a test Ethereum network.
Chainlink News And Market Price Data
- Historical Data
- BlockFi faces regulatory heat, a sign of possible crypto lending regulations?Cointelegraph.com News - 25 minutes agoThe crypto lending giant BlockFi is facing regulatory scrutiny from a handful of states in America ahead of a proposed public listing. BlockFi’s eventful 2021…
- DeFi in style? Here’s how women can break into the gameCointelegraph.com News - 3 hours agoAs hard as it is for women to enter the DeFi space, several notable women give their perspectives on their goals and aspirations in the…
- Bitcoin sellers in 'disbelief' or BTC price wouldn't still be at $41K — AnalystCointelegraph.com News - 4 hours agoA small number of old hands choose to cover all their bases as BTC/USD clinches a July close above $41,000. Bitcoin (BTC) closed July above…
- Digitizing charity: We can do better at doing goodCointelegraph.com News - 6 hours agoBlockchain technology won’t just make online donations easier, it will pave the way for exciting new forms of charity fundraising. Charity fundraising risks being left…
- 3 reasons why Ethereum price might not hit $5,000 anytime soonCointelegraph.com News - 14 hours agoEthereum price might be bullish in the short term but there are a handful of factors that could keep the price pinned in its current…
Chainlink Frequenty Asked Questions
Where does Chainlink (LINK) rank among in terms of popularity? How relevant is it compared to competitors?
In terms of popularity, Chainlink currently ranks in position 13 out of the top 1000 cryptocurrencies. Another important factor in popularity is Chainlink‘s market capitalization – in general, the higher the market cap of a cryptocurrency, the more dominant it is considered to be in the market. Chainlink has a market cap of $ 10,118,953,283, which compares to Bitcoin (the most popular cryptocurrency by several metrics) with a market cap of $ 782,956,093,222, Litecoin at $ 9,839,612,585, Ethereum at $ 304,111,013,258, Tether at $ 62,178,682,834, and XRP at $ 35,318,308,827.
What is the price of Chainlink (LINK) today (updated in realtime)?
The current price of Chainlink is $ 22.83 in USD. (The price in Euros is 19,20 €; and the price in Bitcoin is Ƀ 0.00054800 BTC.)
How has Chainlink (LINK) performed recently?
Chainlink‘s price has increased in the last 24 hours by 4.11%. The change in price over the last seven days was 36.81%. The trading volume over the last 24 hours was $ 1,205,722,229. Trading volume indicates how many units of a currency are being bought and sold on specific exchanges. High trading volumes are likely to drive more on-chain activity, for example when people deposit and withdraw funds, and it is considered a good indicator of popular interest in the currency.
What is Chainlink‘s (LINK) market supply?
The total circulating (available) supply of Chainlink is 443,009,554 LINK. The total supply of Chainlink is 1,000,000,000 LINK.
What is the 24 hour volume for Chainlink (LINK)?
The 24 hour volume of Chainlink is $ 1,205,722,229.
What is Chainlink (LINK) official website?
Chainlink‘s official website, social accounts, blockchain explorer, and Github repository if applicable.
All Supported Currencies
|Coin||Price||Marketcap||Volume (24h)||Change (24H)||Supply||Price Graph (7D)||Price Graph (24h)|
|#||Coin||Price||Marketcap||Change (24H)||Price Graph (7D)|