What is Chainlink?
ChainLink is a decentralized oracle (software built on top of a blockchain), which provides external data to Ethereum smart contracts. ChainLink is an open source project, started at September 2017 by a company SmartContract. This company was already creating secure oracles for Bitcoin and Ethereum for over 3 years, but in 2017 decided to move towards their own middleware ChainLink. At the moment ChainLink is maintained by 3 developers.
The main purpose for creating ChainLink was to provide nnectivity between blockchains and external software such as bank payments, retail payments (Visa, Paypal), market data (NYSE, Bloomberg) and backend systems (SalesForce, SAP). This allows to integrate blockchain with off-chain sales and local payments, to turn them into smart contracts in exchange for LINK tockens. LINK token is an EIP20 Ethereum token with some additional functions. ICO for LINK tokens was completed on September 2017 raising total of $32.00 M.
Currently ChainLink only works with Ropsten, a test Ethereum network.
Chainlink News And Market Price Data
- Historical Data
- Evolve or die: How smart contracts are shifting the crypto sector’s balance of powerCointelegraph.com News - 13 hours agoSmart contract capabilities are rendering old-school megalithic crypto projects obsolete as blockchains evolve beyond just being a medium of exchange. One of the familiar themes…
- Bitcoin is 'playing mind games' as its price coils into a tighter rangeCointelegraph.com News - 15 hours agoAnalysts highlight the formation of a bull flag on the Bitcoin chart and suggest that the price could continue to consolidate until a major catalyst…
- John Cena calls his own NFT sales a 'catastrophic failure'Cointelegraph.com News - 15 hours agoWorld Wrestling Entertainment offered 500 gold tier packages with Cena’s NFT for $1,000, but only a fraction of them sold. Professional wrestler and actor John…
- Price analysis 9/17: BTC, ETH, ADA, BNB, XRP, SOL, DOT, DOGE, UNI, LUNACointelegraph.com News - 17 hours agoBitcoin is sustaining above its immediate support, but several altcoins are showing signs of profit-booking. Bitcoin’s (BTC) recovery is facing stiff resistance near $48,500, indicating…
- Finance Redefined: Maverick Vitalik in Time Mag, Sept. 13–17Cointelegraph.com News - 17 hours agoVitalik in Top-100 innovators, Cardano’s smart contract launch and carbon NFT’s — all coming to you this week in Finance Redefined. Welcome to the latest…
Chainlink Frequenty Asked Questions
Where does Chainlink (LINK) rank among in terms of popularity? How relevant is it compared to competitors?
In terms of popularity, Chainlink currently ranks in position 13 out of the top 1000 cryptocurrencies. Another important factor in popularity is Chainlink‘s market capitalization – in general, the higher the market cap of a cryptocurrency, the more dominant it is considered to be in the market. Chainlink has a market cap of $ 13,239,102,588, which compares to Bitcoin (the most popular cryptocurrency by several metrics) with a market cap of $ 917,085,228,567, Litecoin at $ 12,250,873,734, Ethereum at $ 413,934,252,130, Tether at $ 69,556,886,279, and XRP at $ 50,628,669,829.
What is the price of Chainlink (LINK) today (updated in realtime)?
The current price of Chainlink is $ 29.23 in USD. (The price in Euros is 24,81 €; and the price in Bitcoin is Ƀ 0.00059848 BTC.)
How has Chainlink (LINK) performed recently?
Chainlink‘s price has increased in the last 24 hours by 3.20%. The change in price over the last seven days was 11.07%. The trading volume over the last 24 hours was $ 1,117,353,333. Trading volume indicates how many units of a currency are being bought and sold on specific exchanges. High trading volumes are likely to drive more on-chain activity, for example when people deposit and withdraw funds, and it is considered a good indicator of popular interest in the currency.
What is Chainlink‘s (LINK) market supply?
The total circulating (available) supply of Chainlink is 453,509,554 LINK. The total supply of Chainlink is 1,000,000,000 LINK.
What is the 24 hour volume for Chainlink (LINK)?
The 24 hour volume of Chainlink is $ 1,117,353,333.
What is Chainlink (LINK) official website?
Chainlink‘s official website, social accounts, blockchain explorer, and Github repository if applicable.
All Supported Currencies
|Coin||Price||Marketcap||Volume (24h)||Change (24H)||Supply||Price Graph (7D)||Price Graph (24h)|
|#||Coin||Price||Marketcap||Change (24H)||Price Graph (7D)|