What is Cardano?
ADA is a crypto coin running on Cardano Settlement Layer (CSL) blockchain, the first and most secure blockchain based on Proof of stake mechanism validating the transactions. Cardano team calls their proof of stake mechanism Ouroboros. Unlike Proof of Work, where miners invest energy intensive computing power to mine each block, proof of stake chooses a random miner based on the size of the stake (value). In order to generate or mint a new block, a slot leader is chosen with a probability proportional to the amount of coins this node is carrying. So one of ADA's advantages over Bitcoin, Ethereum and other similar cryptocurrencies is its energy-efficient proof of stake transaction validation system. ADA is flexible like Ethereum due to a second layer Cardano Computational Layer (CCL) which supports decentralized applications and smart contracts.
ADA was initially created by Input Output Hong Kong (IOHK), a blockchain development firm. The project was led by Charles Hoskinson who was a former co-founder of Ethereum, Etereum classic and Bitshares. Presently the ADA team consist of three organizations i.e. Cardano foundation, IOHK, and Emurgo.
The major use of Cardano is the transfer of value. Future development of applications on CCL layer can provide the easy and economical payment solution to service providers such as Uber, Upwork, and alike.
Cardano News And Market Price Data
- Historical Data
- BlockFi faces regulatory heat, a sign of possible crypto lending regulations?Cointelegraph.com News - 25 minutes agoThe crypto lending giant BlockFi is facing regulatory scrutiny from a handful of states in America ahead of a proposed public listing. BlockFi’s eventful 2021…
- DeFi in style? Here’s how women can break into the gameCointelegraph.com News - 3 hours agoAs hard as it is for women to enter the DeFi space, several notable women give their perspectives on their goals and aspirations in the…
- Bitcoin sellers in 'disbelief' or BTC price wouldn't still be at $41K — AnalystCointelegraph.com News - 4 hours agoA small number of old hands choose to cover all their bases as BTC/USD clinches a July close above $41,000. Bitcoin (BTC) closed July above…
- Digitizing charity: We can do better at doing goodCointelegraph.com News - 6 hours agoBlockchain technology won’t just make online donations easier, it will pave the way for exciting new forms of charity fundraising. Charity fundraising risks being left…
- 3 reasons why Ethereum price might not hit $5,000 anytime soonCointelegraph.com News - 14 hours agoEthereum price might be bullish in the short term but there are a handful of factors that could keep the price pinned in its current…
Cardano Frequenty Asked Questions
Where does Cardano (ADA) rank among in terms of popularity? How relevant is it compared to competitors?
In terms of popularity, Cardano currently ranks in position 5 out of the top 1000 cryptocurrencies. Another important factor in popularity is Cardano‘s market capitalization – in general, the higher the market cap of a cryptocurrency, the more dominant it is considered to be in the market. Cardano has a market cap of $ 43,874,743,034, which compares to Bitcoin (the most popular cryptocurrency by several metrics) with a market cap of $ 782,956,093,222, Litecoin at $ 9,839,612,585, Ethereum at $ 304,111,013,258, Tether at $ 62,178,682,834, and XRP at $ 35,318,308,827.
What is the price of Cardano (ADA) today (updated in realtime)?
The current price of Cardano is $ 1.37 in USD. (The price in Euros is 1,15 €; and the price in Bitcoin is Ƀ 0.00003300 BTC.)
How has Cardano (ADA) performed recently?
Cardano‘s price has increased in the last 24 hours by 4.58%. The change in price over the last seven days was 11.20%. The trading volume over the last 24 hours was $ 1,423,597,645. Trading volume indicates how many units of a currency are being bought and sold on specific exchanges. High trading volumes are likely to drive more on-chain activity, for example when people deposit and withdraw funds, and it is considered a good indicator of popular interest in the currency.
What is Cardano‘s (ADA) market supply?
The total circulating (available) supply of Cardano is 32,066,390,668 ADA. The total supply of Cardano is 45,000,000,000 ADA.
What is the 24 hour volume for Cardano (ADA)?
The 24 hour volume of Cardano is $ 1,423,597,645.
What is Cardano (ADA) official website?
Cardano‘s official website, social accounts, blockchain explorer, and Github repository if applicable.
All Supported Currencies
|Coin||Price||Marketcap||Volume (24h)||Change (24H)||Supply||Price Graph (7D)||Price Graph (24h)|
|#||Coin||Price||Marketcap||Change (24H)||Price Graph (7D)|