What is Cardano?
ADA is a crypto coin running on Cardano Settlement Layer (CSL) blockchain, the first and most secure blockchain based on Proof of stake mechanism validating the transactions. Cardano team calls their proof of stake mechanism Ouroboros. Unlike Proof of Work, where miners invest energy intensive computing power to mine each block, proof of stake chooses a random miner based on the size of the stake (value). In order to generate or mint a new block, a slot leader is chosen with a probability proportional to the amount of coins this node is carrying. So one of ADA's advantages over Bitcoin, Ethereum and other similar cryptocurrencies is its energy-efficient proof of stake transaction validation system. ADA is flexible like Ethereum due to a second layer Cardano Computational Layer (CCL) which supports decentralized applications and smart contracts.
ADA was initially created by Input Output Hong Kong (IOHK), a blockchain development firm. The project was led by Charles Hoskinson who was a former co-founder of Ethereum, Etereum classic and Bitshares. Presently the ADA team consist of three organizations i.e. Cardano foundation, IOHK, and Emurgo.
The major use of Cardano is the transfer of value. Future development of applications on CCL layer can provide the easy and economical payment solution to service providers such as Uber, Upwork, and alike.
Cardano News And Market Price Data
- Historical Data
- Evolve or die: How smart contracts are shifting the crypto sector’s balance of powerCointelegraph.com News - 17 hours agoSmart contract capabilities are rendering old-school megalithic crypto projects obsolete as blockchains evolve beyond just being a medium of exchange. One of the familiar themes…
- Bitcoin is 'playing mind games' as its price coils into a tighter rangeCointelegraph.com News - 19 hours agoAnalysts highlight the formation of a bull flag on the Bitcoin chart and suggest that the price could continue to consolidate until a major catalyst…
- John Cena calls his own NFT sales a 'catastrophic failure'Cointelegraph.com News - 19 hours agoWorld Wrestling Entertainment offered 500 gold tier packages with Cena’s NFT for $1,000, but only a fraction of them sold. Professional wrestler and actor John…
- Price analysis 9/17: BTC, ETH, ADA, BNB, XRP, SOL, DOT, DOGE, UNI, LUNACointelegraph.com News - 21 hours agoBitcoin is sustaining above its immediate support, but several altcoins are showing signs of profit-booking. Bitcoin’s (BTC) recovery is facing stiff resistance near $48,500, indicating…
- Finance Redefined: Maverick Vitalik in Time Mag, Sept. 13–17Cointelegraph.com News - 21 hours agoVitalik in Top-100 innovators, Cardano’s smart contract launch and carbon NFT’s — all coming to you this week in Finance Redefined. Welcome to the latest…
Cardano Frequenty Asked Questions
Where does Cardano (ADA) rank among in terms of popularity? How relevant is it compared to competitors?
In terms of popularity, Cardano currently ranks in position 3 out of the top 1000 cryptocurrencies. Another important factor in popularity is Cardano‘s market capitalization – in general, the higher the market cap of a cryptocurrency, the more dominant it is considered to be in the market. Cardano has a market cap of $ 76,583,158,606, which compares to Bitcoin (the most popular cryptocurrency by several metrics) with a market cap of $ 910,993,989,648, Litecoin at $ 12,113,480,295, Ethereum at $ 408,244,616,304, Tether at $ 69,390,668,165, and XRP at $ 50,379,847,490.
What is the price of Cardano (ADA) today (updated in realtime)?
The current price of Cardano is $ 2.39 in USD. (The price in Euros is 2,03 €; and the price in Bitcoin is Ƀ 0.00004941 BTC.)
How has Cardano (ADA) performed recently?
Cardano‘s price has decreased in the last 24 hours by -0.11%. The change in price over the last seven days was 0.44%. The trading volume over the last 24 hours was $ 1,915,740,212. Trading volume indicates how many units of a currency are being bought and sold on specific exchanges. High trading volumes are likely to drive more on-chain activity, for example when people deposit and withdraw funds, and it is considered a good indicator of popular interest in the currency.
What is Cardano‘s (ADA) market supply?
The total circulating (available) supply of Cardano is 32,066,390,668 ADA. The total supply of Cardano is 45,000,000,000 ADA.
What is the 24 hour volume for Cardano (ADA)?
The 24 hour volume of Cardano is $ 1,915,740,212.
What is Cardano (ADA) official website?
Cardano‘s official website, social accounts, blockchain explorer, and Github repository if applicable.
All Supported Currencies
|Coin||Price||Marketcap||Volume (24h)||Change (24H)||Supply||Price Graph (7D)||Price Graph (24h)|
|#||Coin||Price||Marketcap||Change (24H)||Price Graph (7D)|