Announcing the Crypto Payment Profile
At Unbanked, we’re not only committed to financial access and control as a fundamental human, but we’re completely dedicated to constantly improving and streamlining the crypto experience for everyone. That’s why today, we are so excited to announce a brand new feature for all Unbanked customers called the Crypto Payment Profile.
This feature makes receiving crypto easier than ever before and enables any Unbanked customer to create a custom profile and set a username which is then attached to a public profile URL. Users can also further enhance and personalize their profile with a photo, bio, and relevant social media links. Once a Crypto Payment Profile is created, customers can select from hundreds of assets and collect cryptocurrency payments directly to a self-custodial wallet (or any wallet they designate). There is no charge for this feature. And the best part? Setup takes only seconds and can be turned on or off at any time.
Interested? We recommend signing up and reserving your username as soon as possible.
Follow these steps to create a Crypto Payment Profile
1. Log into your Unbanked account at https://unbanked.com/ and navigate to the Profile tab by clicking on your Photo in the top right corner. From the drop-down menu, select Profile.
2. On the My Profile page you need to first set a Username. This is your public profile identifier that will be included in your custom URL. You should also upload a Photo if you haven’t already completed this step.
Double-check that credentials like email, name, and phone number are correct. Your email and phone number are not displayed but should be correct in case you lose account access and need to reach us.
3. Scroll down to Public Payment Profile and click the toggle button to enable your Profile. Once enabled, you can begin customizing your Public Payment Profile with a Bio and Social Media Links. When complete, click Create to save changes.
4. Your Public Payment Profile is now enabled. To add your cryptocurrency wallets, continue down the page and select Wallet Type. Find the cryptocurrency you want by clicking and then add the corresponding wallet address. Double-check the wallet address correct and click Add Wallet to add it to your profile.
Your public list of wallets will be displayed below and you can add or delete a wallet at any time.
5. To view your Profile, copy the URL from the left side and paste the URL into a new browser window.
6. Your Profile should now show your Photo, Bio, Social Media Links, as well as all of your cryptocurrency wallet addresses. When clicking on a wallet address on your Crypto Payment Profile you will see an option to pay via QR code or wallet address.
We are currently only enabling the first letter of the last name to show. However, we intend to give our customers more options to customize their profiles in the future.
That’s it! Your Profile is now set and ready to be shared. Post the link on your website, social media accounts, or in your email signature. Your Profile page will work across all devices and is a great way to collect mobile payments when on the go.